Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cardi Hardi

So after a few weeks of not really knitting, I've decided on a project that has been in my favorites for awhile now. I've been eyeing the Mrs. Darcy cardigan for the better part of a month, but now that I have the time, I plan on starting it. I'm using the modifications that others have found useful, well, a mix of mods anyway. I'm trying to keep it all documented and stuff, while also rewriting some of the mods as I go. Not that simple, huh?

The reason why I'm rewriting the mods, it because some to the shaping would look better on the cardigan, but the mods in my size aren't really tailored for that. So, I'm having to combine three different sources, the original pattern, me sized mods, and then the XS mods, all by different people who have a different knitty language system, and while it is hard, and a little hopeful, helps me figure out the designing process.

Anyway, on to more fun stuff! I'm working on a secret project for a fellow knitter. ;) and because she might read this blog, I'm not going to say what it is until I give it to her, ok. But the day I give it to her, will be the day you guys know, or maybe the day after. But, I can give you a hint.

S---- ----

Sorry about the lack of pictures in the post, I really don't have anything new.

No comments:

Post a Comment